Friday, January 16, 2015

guest mix: gosh snobo

For this episode of Spaceman's Transmissions, I'm very fortunate to have given permission by a deservedly accomplished DJ goes by the name DJ SNOBO in presenting THIS WAS OUR LAST CHANCE (BEFORE WE SLEPT). Gosh hails from Riga, Latvia, and has a very extensive bit of involvement in the DJ scene, as well as in music overall. I asked Gosh quite a while back to host his mix. We had lost communication, but persistence allowed us to reconnect. While I try to do the most justice in doing write-ups for people, DJ Snobo says it best. Therefore, I pulled a bit of the bio off of his website.


"Hey, my name is Gosh, I'm also known as DJ Snobo and I'm a tumbler (born under punches)... Er, just kidding. Still, I've been juggling sounds, words, styles, genres, tempos, moods since 1990, using guitars, microphones, computers, digital & analog recordings and most importantly - imagination.

Which means that as from 1999 I have been DJing, making mixtapes, hosting radio shows, writing about music and otherwise popularize good vibrations of all kinds. A decade before (1989-99) I used to play guitar, sing and write songs in various bands, lead by myself or by my friends, and later on went solo to produce some electronic music. All of that happened in my home town of Riga, Latvia.

Being a passionate music lover all my life, I always had wide range of interests and never locked myself within artificial boundaries such as genres or musical forms. So - both as music maker or selector - I always played whatever interested me at that time, and it could have been almost everything. I usually say that my own projects from the 90s professed the concept of musical circus - quirky, fun-filled, eclectic extravaganza. As a DJ, I went deeper and less whimsical, but no less (and even more) cross-genre.
"

Gosh's abilities to weave sounds and create such seamless journeys is a mindblower to me. He's very adept at creating sufficient space with various elements to give good perception of depth, and gluing together sonic colors that yield an experience that is uniquely dark, intense, comforting, and enlightening. Yet another guy who I find to be incredibly inspiring, not only in introducing new music but presenting it in format that draws in the listener with absolute magnitude and beauty. I'm presenting an additional download of another mix entitled COLOURS OF WATER as a bonus for hungry minds that crave colorful journeys into the subconscious realm of imagination. Pay DJ Snobo a visit at his WEBSITE, his MIXCLOUD profile, his SOUNDCLOUD page (his primary page for hosting mixes), and the Facebook page THE CUP OF SILENCE that he runs. You can also find more links that represent DJ Snobo's musical forays HERE


Thank you so much, Gosh, for letting me be little part in sharing the beautiful creations that you've birthed. I look forward to more in the future. 


Turn on, tune in, sleep...









No comments: