I'm really pleased and honored to be able to present a collaborative mix (the first of two that we have planned) between DJ SEROTON and myself that will grace his DRIFTER SERIES sessions. These series of mixes are probably the best that I've come across in quite a while so I'm really stoked to be a part of this. I'm inspired by him not only musically, but also by his professionalism and presentation. You could definitely say that this is his testament to the music that he loves as well as his artistic approach to creating sessions.Music speaks across boundaries of time, distance, and language, and what we present here is proof of that. We had some really great communication in getting this together (thankfully in English, I appreciate that, man!) and our mindsets were in line with each other in that we wanted to construct a seamless journey for your mind to bathe itself within. In creating this mix, we became completely taken in by each others concepts, and that friendly competition only stoked a passion to deliver our finest moments to your ears. We truly believe that we accomplished this.
This first of two parts that we created is appropriately titled Drifter V6 as it continues to build upon the epic sessions that DJ Seroton has founded. In the track listing below, I made it evident how the mix was divided up with DJ Seroton covering the first half and me countering his vision.
I can't thank DJ Serton enough for having the same passion that I do for creating ambient sessions, and for being such an approachable guy in the entire process so that our vision could be felt by the listeners. Show him the love by checking out more stunning mixes on his WEBSITE, his SOUNDCLOUD page, and make sure to follow him on TWITTER and FACEBOOK. Take it all in. Peace.
Turn on, tune in, sleep...
Part 1: DJ Seroton
- 'Mej by Porya Hatami from Vari (Start Time: 00:00)
- 'Night Currents' by Michael Stearns from Floating Whispers (Start Time: 06:39)
- 'Le Tresor (DJ Seroton Edit)' by Jonn Serrie from Ixlandia (Start Time: 13:35)
- 'The Morning Dew (For Barbara)' by Rudy Adrian & Ron Boots from Across The Silver River (Start Time: 15:59)
- 'Steal Away' by Harold Budd from Ambient 2: The Plateaux Of Mirror (Start Time: 19:49)
- '301210' by Antonymes from Like Rumours Of Hushed Thunder (Start Time: 20:34)
- 'Outside (Excerpt)' by Electric Skychurch from In That Place Where Miming Meets Aegir (Start Time: 26:03)
- 'King Midas In Reverse' by Bing Satellites & Daniel Land from King Midas In Reverse (Start Time: 26:42)
Part 2: Tonepoet
- 'Will My Memories of You Hold True (Excerpt)' by Darren Harper from Suspended Memory (Start Time: 32:14)
- 'Shimmering' by Shane Morris from Free Floating Music from (Conception) (Start Time 35:52)
- 'The Moonlit Towers Reached Above in Blue the Hours Beseeched Our Love' by Aural Method from When I Drifted I Heard A Faint Melody (Start Time 39:04)
- 'Fac 2' by Stars Of The Lid from The Tired Sounds Of (Start Time: 40:58)
- 'Subtext' by John Foxx and Harold Budd from Translusence (Start Time: 43:18)
- 'Clutch' by Good Weather For An Airstrike from A Home For You (Start Time: 49:06)
- 'The Hottest Day of the Year (Part 1) (Excerpt)' by Bing Satellites from Free Floating Music (Twilight Sessions Volume Eight) (Start Time: 50:49)
- 'Alex's Theme' by Matt Stanfield from Homecoming (Start Time: 52:56)
- 'The Night Was Cold And Long' by The Eager Seas from T H E W I L D E R N E S S Y E A R (Start Time: 56:25)
- 'The Whole Catastrophe' by Hammock from Chasing After Shadows...Living with the Ghosts (Start Time: 56:41)