Friday, October 4, 2013

the slow drift radio broadcast

This is not a personal mix, or even a guest mix, but rather a bit of praise to an amazing resource that I've found (via Mixcloud) of new ambient music. The Slow Drift not only has a MIXCLOUD page, but a WEBSITE as well where the mixes can be downloaded, and the mixes are just great.

I've gone through 3 episodes (so far) at work today, and I'm really happy with what I've heard. There are quite a bit of ranges of color, and I'm gladly taking them all in. I like the fact that even the downloadable mixes feel a bit nostalgic like radio (in a good way, no advertising!) with Andrew giving us a bit of insight to the presented songs. Very nice. I'm looking forward to catching my first broadcast tonight!

You can hear The Slow Drift's broadcasts on Friday nights from 7:00 P.M. until 8:00 P.M. (Eastern Standard Time in the US) on WRFI Community Radio (88.1 FM in Ithaca, NY or 91.9 in Watkins Glen, NY). Better yet, you can stream live from WRFI.org and take in fresh new sounds of ambient (I've heard all brand new stuff so far, pretty stoked about it!).

Be sure to pay Andrew a visit and tune in, turn on, sleep. Peace.


No comments: