Friday, August 9, 2013

guest mix: omul nou

As a 'sleep DJ', I'm always searching for others in the same business. I have to say that I'm pretty blown away by the whole scene of creators and our common mission of easing the tension created by a turbulent world. We all in a sense pay respects to Dave at LOWLIGHT MIXES for essentially paving a lot of the way for us to do what we do (he wasn't the first, but he's been so dedicated and consistent throughout the years that he may as well be the first). Dave got me into all of this in the first place, and through tons of badgering and questions, he got me up and running. So I'm constantly on the lookout for others that do what we do, and use Mixcloud to discover and communicate.

OMUL NOU is one of the discoveries I've luckily made through Mixcloud. At times, I listen to whatever mix comes up, and hopefully it will catch my attention. Or it can be that the pure tranquility of the mix will draw me deeply into its world. With Omul Nou, the latter is the case. I have to admit, I've had some really good sleep listening to Omul's mix. At the computer. In a chair. Upright. In the middle of the day with the sun on me. More than once. And yes, drooling (bonus!). FYI, drooling to a 'sleep DJ' is like sweat to an athlete. Just wanted to clear that up. 

I've chose to host the mix Silent Voice. While it's a mere 2 songs, this one to me is pure meditative therapy, and it's my favorite. Also, I can say that it's so very difficult to mentally make it to the end of this without a sweet disconnect. If you can make it all the way through and don't get taken in, something is wrong. After a good dose of Omul's creation, I feel sedated with clear mind, and its ability to be work in both the background and foreground against a backdrop of commotion eases my mind This presentation is much like Brian Eno's Music for Airports or Discreet Music, and it always nice to discover a gem like this. I hope that you, the listener, finds the same peace and tranquil mental state that I've found. Enjoy the mix, and feel free to use for you nightly excursions beyond the dark curtain of slumber. Check out Omul Nou's MIXCLOUD page for more meditative vibe. Peace.


Turn on, tune in, sleep...




TRACK LIST
  • "The Alchemy Of Happiness" by Al Gromer Klan and Klause Wiese from The Alchemy Of Happiness (Rasa Music), Released June 14, 2006
  • "Silent Voice" by Al Gromer Klan from Kamasutra Experience (New Earth Records), Released January 1, 1999

No comments: